The Master’s Programme in Interior Design aims at developing professionals for interiors industry. The course inculcates a comprehensive understanding of space styling and decor through design conceptualization and its application in the interiors through classroom lectures, market study, industry interaction and projects.
- Traditional and contemporary uses of Interiors, as well as creating the opportunity to promote new approaches and processes in Interior Design.
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and competencies to meet the diverse demands of the Interior industry.
- Encourage inter-disciplinary projects, creative collaborations between subject areas to foster innovation in the specialization field of study.
- Develop competent and confident professionals for the global industry with an in-depth understanding of the creative process of innovation, execution and management in local and global contexts.
- The students will be able to conceptualise and design interiors for home, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces. The student can find gainful employment in diverse industries while serving as interior designers, event designers/consultants, freelance designers , space planners, visualiser, set designer, and interior decorator.
- The learner also acquires knowledge of innovative materials, sense of space planning, Indian Art & crafts, Heritage, Design standards & Design projects.
One can work as an interior stylist, Interior journalism, visual merchandiser, graphic designer, photographer and retail space designer, just to name a few.
- Interior Designers
- Stylist – Lifestyle, Hospitality- Facility Management
- Creative designers for emporium, Cottage industries
- Visualizers for Retail and merchandiser, Exhibition, Set designers, Event Designer
- Interior Project Manager
- Design Analyst